Elvis By Request : The Australian Edition CD at No. 42
September 23, 2012 - 6:00:02 PM
Elvis CD News, Elvis News, Elvis Presley: Single & Album Charts
The results to-date - at week five - mirror in some ways those for the Elvis Presley : 50 Australian Top Ten Hits 1956-1977. While 'Elvis By Request' has a better first two weeks (#4 & #9), and an average of 20.4 from the five weeks, the 'Top Ten Hits' has a better 3rd to 5th weeks with an average of 21.2 from its first five weeks.
However this is for interest only, such statistics can be ms-leading. It is much harder to obtain a high chart position in August than in January due to there being a LOT more titles being released. EBR has the potential advantage of still being 'current' for Christmas sales, and Sony do have planned promotions in November to give the album a boost in sales and momentum into December, something 'The Top Ten Hits' did not have.
Review : No matter where you listen, Elvis By Request captivates
Elvis By Request : Equal Highest Debut on Record
Elvis By Request : The Australian Edition CD debuts at No. 4
Elvis Presley's Australian Chart Album's 1965-2012
Elvis By Request TV Commercial (00:30)
Macromedia Flash Player 9.1+ required to play this video. Apple iPad Compatible.
Use the 'share' button to share on Facebook, Twitter or email the link to this page to your friends.
Elvis By Request : The Australian Edition CD
In June 2012 and over 3 weeks over 5000 Australian fans logged onto www.elvisbyrequest.com.au and voted for their favourite Elvis Presley songs. The votes have been tallied, the CDs manufactured and fans will be able to pick up their copy of Elvis By Request from Thursday, 16th August.
The confirmed tracklisting of the Top 40 most popular Elvis songs according to his Aussie fans is as follows:
An American Trilogy is the #1 most voted Elvis song by Australian fans.
Released in 1972, Elvis performed it regularly in his live concert tours and was included in the 1972 documentary Elvis On Tour and the internationally broadcast concert Elvis : Aloha From Hawaii. Whilst it was never a hit at the time of release it seems clear time has made it a favourite amongst fans. Elvis By Request is released on the 35th anniversary of Elvis' passing and is a fitting tribute by fans to The King of Rock 'N' Roll.
01. An American Trilogy (Mickey Newbury) [1972 single version, recorded February of '72]
02. If I Can Dream (Walter Earl Brown)
03. Suspicious Minds (Mark James)
04. Always On My Mind (Mark James, Wayne Carson, Johnny Christopher)
05. In The Ghetto (Mac Davis)
06. The Wonder Of You (Baker Knight)
07. Can't Help Falling In Love (George Weiss Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore)
08. I Miss You (Don H. Sumner)
09. Kentucky Rain (Dick Heard, Eddie Rabbitt)
10. Memories (Mac Davis, Billy Strange)
11. Jailhouse Rock (Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)
12. Love Me Tender (Vera Matson, Elvis Presley)
13. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear (Bernie Lowe, Kal Mann)
14. Wooden Heart (Fred Wise, Kathleen Twomey, Benjamin Weisman, Berthold Kaempfert)
15. Don't Be Cruel (Elvis Presley, Otis Blackwell)
16. Edge Of Reality (Bill Giant, Bernie Baum, Florence Kaye)
17. Hawaiian Wedding Song (Al Hoffman, Dick Manning, Charles E. King)
18. Just Pretend (Guy Fletcher, Douglas Flett)
19. Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Roy Turk, Lou Handman)
20. Burning Love (Dennis Linde)
21. My Way (Paul Anka, Jacques Reaux, Claude Francois) [From the 1977 CBS TV Special]
22. (You're The) Devil In Disguise (Bernie Baum, Florence Kaye, Bill Giant)
23. A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) (Mac Davis, Billy Strange)
24. Amazing Grace (William J. Gaither)
25. Don't Cry Daddy (Scott Davis)
26. You Gave Me A Mountain (Marty Robbins) [February 1972 recording]
27. (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) (Thomas A. Dorsey)
28. How Great Thou Art (Stuart K. Hine)
29. Judy (Teddy Redell)
30. Bridge Over Troubled Water (Paul Simon)
31. Return To Sender (Otis Blackwell, Winfield Scott)
32. A Mess Of Blues (Doc Pomus, Mort Shuman)
33. All Shook Up (Elvis Presley, Otis Blackwell)
34. Viva Las Vegas (Doc Pomus, Mort Shuman)
35. (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I (Bill Trader)
36. Promised Land (Chuck Berry)
37. Blue Hawaii (Leo Robin, Ralph Rainger)
38. Crying In The Chapel (Artie Glenn)
39. It's Now Or Never (Wally Gold, Aaron Schroeder)
40. Heartbreak Hotel (Mae Boren Axton, Tommy Durden, Elvis Presley)
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.