Released by FTD: New Haven '76 + Rockin' Across Texas CD + Jungle Room Sessions Vinyl
And in a first for FTD, ...
The Girl Happy CD will soon be available with improved remastered audio and graphics.
Rockin' Across Texas 2 CD
Elvis: Rockin' Across Texas will be released in October as a 2-CD 5" set.
This 2 CD set features Elvis live in Amarillo, Texas at the Civic Center, June 19, 1974 and Fort Worth, Texas at the Tarrant County Convention Center, Recorded July 3, 1976. This CD only version contains the same content as featured in the acclaimed Rockin' Across Texas FTD book that is now deleted.
Elvis: New Haven '76
Following on from his appearance in Fort Worth, Elvis rocked New Haven, Connecticut on July 30 at the Veterans' Memorial Coliseum. Released by FTD as, New Haven '76, featuring photos from Steve Barile's archives in a CD 5" digipack. As a bonus, a credible live version of 'Return To Sender' is featured as a bonus track from Hampton Roads Coliseum on August 1, 1976.
1) Also Sprach Zarathustra -- (Richard Strauss)
2) See See Rider -- (Arr. by Elvis Presley)
3) I Got A Woman / Amen -- (Ray Charles) / Jester Hairston)
4) Love Me -- (Jerry Leiber / Mike Stoller)
5) If You Love Me (Let Me Know) -- (John Rostill)
6) You Gave Me A Mountain -- (Marty Robbins)
7) Help Me -- (Larry Gatlin)
8) All Shook Up -- (Otis Blackwell / Elvis Presley)
9) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel -- (Kal Mann / Bernie Lowe) / (Otis Blackwell / Elvis Presley)
10) And I Love You So -- (Don McLean)
11) America -- (Arr. by Elvis Presley)
12) Jailhouse Rock -- (Jerry Leiber / Mike Stoller)
13) Funny How Time Slips Away -- (Willie Nelson)
14) Introductions – incomplete
15) Early Mornin' Rain -- (Gordon Lightfoot)
16) What'd I Say / Johnny B. Goode -- (Ray Charles / Chuck Berry)
17) Love Letters -- (Edward Heyman / Victor Young)
18) School Days -- (Chuck Berry)
19) Hurt -- (Jimmie Crane / Al Jacobs)
20) Hound Dog -- (Jerry Leiber / Mike Stoller)
21) Hawaiian Wedding Song -- (Charles King / Al Hoffman / Dick Manning)
22) Can't Help Falling In Love -- (Hugo Peretti / Luigi Creatore / George Weiss)
23) Closing vamp
24) Return To Sender -- (Otis Blackwell / Winfield Scott)
The Jungle Room Sessions 12" Vinyl 4 Disc LP Set
FTD Vinyl next release is a limited edition 2-Disc vinyl set of The Jungle Room Sessions. It contains all of the tracks featured on the CD edition and several added outtakes from other releases. Supplied in a new gatefold sleeve featuring additional Graceland images, it will be pressed on 180-gram vinyl and DMM Copper mastered.
Both Blue Hawaii and Standing Room Only vinyl will be back in stock by Oct 1 for a limited period only. Both will be officially deleted once this stock is depleted. Thanks for your support on this new vinyl venture for FTD.
What is 'DMM Copper Mastering'?
In short, it means that the audio quality is far more superior then a regular vinyl release. Direct Metal Mastering (or DMM for short) is an analogue audio disc mastering technique jointly developed by two German companies, Telefunken-Decca (TelDec) and Georg Neumann GmbH, towards the end of the 20th century. Neumann was responsible for manufacturing the actual DMM cutting equipment as part of their VMS80 series lathes. Unlike conventional disc mastering, where the mechanical audio modulation is cut onto a lacquer-coated aluminum disc, DMM cuts straight into metal (copper), utilizing a high frequency carrier system and specialized styli.
1) Moody Blue (takes 7,5) -- (Mark James)
2) Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall (takes 3, 4, 5) -- (Larry Gatlin)
3) She Thinks I Still Care (takes 1, 2) -- (Dickie Lee)
4) Pledging My Love (take 3) -- (F. Washington / D. Robery)
5) The Last Farewell (take 2) -- (Roger Whittaker / R.A. Webster)
6) Hurt (take 3) -- (Crane / Jacobs)
7) Danny Boy (take 8) -- (Frederic Weatherly)
8) Love Coming Down (take 3) -- (Jerry Chesnut)
9) Never Again (take 11) -- (Billy Edd Wheeler / Jerry Chesnut)
10) For The Heart (take 3) -- (Dennis Linde)
11) Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain (take 2) -- (Fred Rose)
12) I'll Never Fall In Love Again (take 5) -- (Lonnie Donegan)
13) Way Down (take 2) -- (Layng Martine Jr.)
14) It's Easy For You (take 1) -- (Andrew Lloyd Webber/tim Rice)
15) Pledging My Love (unedited Master) -- (F. Washington / D. Robery)
16) He'll Have To Go (rough-mix Master) -- (Joe And Audrey Allison)
17) Moody Blue (take 6) -- (Mark James)
18) Solitaire (take 3) 4:47 -- (Neil Sedaka / Phil Cody)
19) Love Coming Down (take 4) -- (Jerry Chesnut)
20) For The Heart (take 1) -- (Dennis Linde)
21) She Thinks I Still Care (takes 3, 4) -- (Dickie Lee)
22) Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall (take 1) -- (Larry Gatlin)
23) Hurt (take 5) -- (Crane / Jacobs)
24) Danny Boy (take 9) -- (Frederic Weatherly)
25) Fire Down Below (instrumental) 3.44 -- (Jerry Scheff)
26) America (closing Part Only) 0.21 -- (tradiitonal)
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.