Elvis Presley made television and entertainment history with his 'Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii' concert television special. The performance took place at the Honolulu International Center [Now Blaisdell Arena] on January 14, 1973. It was beamed live via Globecam Satellite to various countries, on a delayed basis to approximately 30 European countries and first aired in the U.S. on April 4 on NBC.
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of 'Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii', fans from around the world gathered in Honolulu in January 2013 for five days of celebrations. The highlight of the week was a screening of a special re-edited version of 'Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii,' that was shown at the Blaisdell Arena on January 14, exactly 40 years to the day Elvis performed there.
Buy Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii re-edited version with new and rarely-seen footage & audio
- Re-edit 'Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii' as seen at the Blaisdell Arena, Honolulu on January 14, 2013
- Event footage from '40th Anniversary Aloha from Hawaii Celebration', Honolulu 2013
- A Look Inside the New 'Elvis' Hawaii: Concerts, Movies and More! Exhibit' at Graceland
- Clips from Elvis' 'Aloha from Hawaii' Press Conferences
- Replica Booklet of Program from January 14, 2013 Screening Event
- Rare colour film of Elvis on stage in Hawaii, 1957
Also available Aloha From Hawaii CD
Elvis, Aloha from Hawaii Concert (63:18) January 14, 1973
Read more about the Aloha Special, including an interview with show director, Marty Pasetta
Also Sprach Zarathrusta - See See Rider - Burning Love - Something - You Gave Me A Mountain - Steamroller Blues - My Way - Love Me - Johnny B. Goode - It's Over - Blue Suede Shoes - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - I Can't Stop Loving You - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Fever - Welcome To My World - Suspicious Minds - Introductions by Elvis - I'll Remember You - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - An American Trilogy - A Big Hunk O' Love - Can't Help Falling In Love