There will be a collectible booklet with each.
Elvis on Tour, the Golden Globe®-winning documentary that followed Elvis on a 15-city tour of the United States in 1972, will make its debut 29 September 2010 in newly-restored and remastered Blu-rayTM and DVD version from Warner Bros. Entertainment Australia.
Elvis on Tour, considered to be Presley's last film before his death in 1977, was described by Variety in their review as 'a bright, entertaining pop music documentary detailing episodes in the later professional life of Elvis Presley, the pioneer Pied Piper of rock music'. The film was written and directed by Robert Abel and Pierre Adidge, and the cinematographer was Lucien Ballard. Songs included 'See See Rider', 'Proud Mary', 'Burning Love', 'Don't Be Cruel', 'Teddy Bear', 'Hound Dog', 'Can't Help Falling in Love with You', 'Love Me Tender', 'All Shook Up', 'Suspicious Minds', 'Heartbreak Hotel', 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' and more.
• Remastered in High Definition with 16 x 9 2.40 letterboxed image, as seen in the theatrical release.
• Includes a collectible book, featuring photos of Elvis, quotes, trivia, a tour itinerary, set lists, costumes, and background information about the filming techniques used.
• 25 musical numbers spotlight Elvis Presley's talent, range and showmanship in 1 captivating on-stage performances and intimate backstage rehearsals with his band.
• Contains Elvis' first performance of 'Burning Love', which was so new, Elvis referred to the lyric sheet during his performance.
• Elvis' Ed Sullivan Show performance is included, in which the charm, personality and musical ability that made him an icon is so evident.
• Montage sequences (supervised by Martin Scorsese) showcasing Elvis' early career and movies.
About Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley was one of Hollywood's top box-office draws, starring in 31 feature films and two theatrically-released concert documentaries over the course of his career. His music was as much a part of his box-office success as his good looks and charisma. In fact, some of his top-selling songs were from the movie soundtracks. Eleven of his soundtrack albums made it into the top ten on the Billboard Album charts and of those, four became number one hits. It is estimated that Elvis has sold over a billion records worldwide, more records than any other artist in record industry history, and even 30 years after his death, Elvis still conquers new legions of fans as recent compilations of his RCA recordings have topped the Billboard charts.
More biographical information is available at the official Australian Elvis Presley Web site, www.elvis.com.au
About the Film
Available for the first time on Blu-ray and DVD, this Golden Globe® winning documentary is the final motion picture to star Elvis Presley. In the film, the king is followed as he embarked on a 15-city U.S. tour in April 1972. More than 25 numbers spotlight Elvis' talent, range and showmanship in captivating on-stage performances and intimate backstage rehearsals with his band during this lively chronicle. In addition, montage sequences (supervised by Martin Scorsese) showcase Elvis' early career and movies.
Shot with multi-cam (similarly to Woodstock), Elvis on Tour combines concert, rehearsal and backstage footage to provide all the excitement of having a front-row seat at the show.