There is also the audio of both afternoon and evening Tupelo concerts, accompanied nicely on the disc by a different photo of Elvis for each of the songs performed. The audio interview with Vernon and Gladys Presley also appears here. A previously unreleased Elvis audio interview, and relatively short film footage (only) from the 1957 Tupelo concert the following year, round out the DVD, for under an hour and a half total running time. Despite the comparative brevity, I would consider this item to be essential for the avid Elvis fan, and a terrific pairing with the Elvis: Return to Tupelo DVD, which does contain fascinating and different material and interviews related to the '56 Tupelo homecoming concerts as well as going into Elvis' and the Presleys' lives before the family's 1948 move to Memphis. Please note that the DVD contains specially licensed footage by Fox.
Further unseen footage contains backstage, the evening show, parade, Tupelo '57 and many more.The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying: Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Sincerely, this is the hottest Presley material I've ever seen. There are several complete songs (Heartbreak Hotel, Long Tall Sally, I Was The One, Don't Be Cruel ... ) but even the snippets, bits and pieces of I Got A Woman or Hound Dog are fun.
The set is housed in a nice [DVD case size] digipack format with 16 page booklet.
Rating 9.5/10 : Tupelo's Own--now the world's! This is an excellent release no fan should be without it
Full DVD Content Part 1 :
DVD : Video
1) Tupelo Welcomes Home Elvis Presley : Unreleased footage of the Parade in Tupelo on 26th September 1956 as well as some backstage footage with Elvis. The audio accompanying the clip are the interviews with Elvis, Vernon and Gladys Presley, Nick Adams and Judy Hopper. 7 min 41 sec
2) Tupelo’s Own Elvis Presley : UNRELEASED film from the afternoon performance ‘The Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show’ at the Fairgrounds in Tupelo Mississippi on 26th September 1956.
13 min 09 sec
Never before have we seen an Elvis concert from the 50’s with sound. Until Now!
Song Performances: 1. Heartbreak Hotel 2. Long Tall Sally 3. Presentation to the City 4. I Was The One *5. I Want Need Love You & I Got a Woman 6. Don’t Be Cruel *7. Hound Dog *
* Songs available in parts as no footage exist
3) Tupelo Evening Show Clip : Unreleased footage from the evening performance. 0.46 sec
4) Original Fox Movie tone News Reel 1956 -1min 24 sec
5) Elvis in Tupelo 1957 - Includes an UNRELEASED AUDIO interview with Elvis Presley and Anita Wood. The footage contains performance clips from the 27th September 1957 show as well as backstage and more. 10 mins 12 sec
Total Running Time: 33 minutes 12 seconds
Part 2: DVD : Audio
21 tracks of the Afternoon and Evening performance from the 26th September 1956 shows.
All tracks accompanied with photographs
Audio Tracklisting: Total running time 51.13 Afternoon Show: 01 Heartbreak Hotel 02 Long Tall Sally 03 Presentation Key To The City 04 I Was The One 05 I Want You, I Need You , I Love You 06 Announcement 07 I Got a Woman 08 Don't Be Cruel 09 Ready Teddy 10 Love Me Tender 11 Hound Dog Evening Show: 12 Love Me Tender 13 I Was The One 14 I Got a Woman 15 Dialogue 16 Don't Be Cruel 17 Blue Suede Shoes18 18 Dialogue 19 Baby, Let's Play House 20 Hound Dog 21 Dialogue.
Please note that the DVD contains specially licensed footage by Fox