Video: Lisa Marie and Elvis Presley Video Duet | I Love You Because
December 11, 2016
Video and Audio, Elvis News, Elvis Articles, Lisa Marie Presley
Lisa Marie performs a wonderful duet with her late father and does not 'take over' the song - with the first 1 minute 33 seconds with only Elvis' vocals before Lisa joins in for the remaining 1 minute 22 seconds.
The video starts and ends with the sound of a classic home movie projector then as the song starts a brief clip of Lisa Marie at the microphone in the Sun studio eyes closed just listening before moving on to the famous family photo from which the classic Elvis Country' album derived it's cover photo, then moving on to Elvis, then Priscilla and Elvis, baby Lisa Marie with and without her parents, then the grandchildren, Finley & Harper, Riley Keough and Benjamin Keough. Then just as Lisa comes in vocally it is back to the studio as she sings into the microphone and then more images of the family. To me this far exceeds the In The Ghetto duet vocally due to Lisa's much improved vocal style as first revealed on the Storm & Grace album. However one can't not acknowledge the power of the video, very well put together but containing film that Elvis fans will love.
At the suggestion of renowned producer T-Bone Burnett, Lisa recorded the Elvis song for the 35th anniversary of her father's passing. The video for the track was a personal project for Lisa Marie, in which she introduced her four children as the continuation of her father's legacy.
'I Love You Because' was first recorded by Elvis in July of 1954 at Sun Studio. The session started on the 4th and ended early on the same day he recorded 'That's All Right'. Producer Sam Phillips did not think 'I Love You Because' was the right song for Elvis' first single, so it eventually found its way to his first album released in 1956. Following its first studio recording, the song was never performed again by Elvis.
Duet | I Love You Because (02:55)
Elvis Duets DVD (with bonus CD)
The result is a wide variety of songs and video clips out of the many well known Elvis movies. An entertaining collection that is nice to watch. Rare are the images of the 1960 'Welcome Home Elvis' Frank Sinatra TV-Special; they remain a unique momentum to see.
Other rare performances include Lisa Marie's duet with Elvis on 'In The Ghetto' during an Oprah TV-show, complete with Gospel Choir.
It is beyond anyone's guess why this never turned into a big hit; great performance.
Also: Celine Dion's duet with Elvis on 'Amercian Idol' and Martina McBride appearing - with Elvis on screen - on a tv-show to promote the 'Christmas Duets' album. The odd one out is a clip from 'Beyonce & Jay-Z'.
A nice produced DVD with a special selection of songs and images.
- In The Ghetto with Lisa Marie Presley (TV Show)
- Don't Cry Daddy with Lisa Marie Presley
- If I Can Dream with Celine Dion
- Blue Christmas with Martina McBride
- In The Ghetto with Lisa Marie Presley (video clip)
- I Love You Because Elvis and Lisa Marie Presley
- Yippie Ye Yeah with Steve Allen
- Crawfish with Kitty White
- It's Nice To Go Traveling with Frank and Nancy Sinatra, Sammy Davis jr, Joe Bishop
- Love Me Tender / Witchcraft with Frank Sinatra
- Pocketful Of Rainbows with Juliet Prowse
- Husky Dusky Day with Hope Lange
- Almost Always True with Joan Blackman
- Aloha Oe with the Surfers
- Hawaiian Wedding Song with Joan Blackman
- Earth Boy with G. & E. Tin
- How Would You Like To Be with Vicky Tui
- Happy Ending with Joan O'Brien
- Mexico with Larry Domasin
- The Lady Loves Me with Ann-Margret
- Spring Fever with Shelley Fabares
- Kissin' Cousins with Elvis
- Petunia The Gardeners Daughter with E. Wilson & R. Walker
- Chesay with Harry Morgan
- Frankie And Johnny with E. Wilson & R. Walker
- Look Out Broadway with E. Wilson & R. Walker
- Scratch My Back with M. Hill
- Datin' with Donna Butterworth
- Queenie Wahine's Papaya with Donna Butterworth
- Yoga Is As Yoga Does with Elsa Lanchester
- Could I Fall In Love with Elvis
- Who Needs Money with Ray Walker
- Confidence with Kids
- He's Your Uncle Not Your Dad with Bill Bixby
- Nothing Like A Song with Nancy Sinatra
- Let Yourself Go with The Blossoms
- Signs Of The Zodiac with Marlyn Mason
- Why Me Lord with J.D. Sumner
- Blue Christmas with Martina McBride (TV Show)
- Inherit The Wind (Beyonce & Jay-Z)
Exclusive BONUS CD
- Don't Cry Daddy : Elvis and Lisa Marie Presley
- In The Ghetto : Elvis and Lisa Marie Presley
- I Love You Because : Elvis and Lisa Marie Presley
- If I Can Dream : Elvis and Celine Dion
- The Lady Loves Me : Elvis and Ann-Margret
- Boy From Tupelo : Emmylou Harris
Duet : I Love You Because 2012 : (07:47)
Below, view and listen to the 'I Love You Because' : Lisa Marie and Elvis Presley Duet at the 35th Anniversary Concert in Memphis : August 16, 2012. Includes the opening of the Elvis 35th Anniversary Concert.
'Over Me' by Lisa Marie Presley
No part of any article on this site may be re-printed for public display without permission.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD Video with Sound.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever. + Plus Bonus DVD Audio.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.