Elvis Sings Polk Salad Annie And Other Great Songs CD
February 28, 2021
Almost all these recordings are official previously unreleased and some are hard to find nowadays. The rehearsal versions of 'Polk Salad Annie' from August 10, 1970 were edited and spliced for official release to just one version taken out explicit lyrics and 'I've Lost You' from this same rehearsal was only available on the album 'Hang Loose' from 1991 (30 years ago)...
And a real big bonus is that all these recordings are presented here in the best possible sound... better than ever before... even the audience recordings on this album are a delight for your ears and never sounded better, like great live versions of 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', 'Crying Time', 'When The Snow Is On The Roses' and 'Sweet Inspiration'. A very nice limited edition release to enjoy!
1. Polk Salad Annie #1 February 16, 1970, Midnight Show
2. Buzzing Bees And Bacon (Monologue) February 19, 1970, Dinner Show
3. I Can't Stop Loving You February 19, 1970, Dinner Show
4. Don't Cry Daddy February 19, 1970, Dinner Show
5. Walk A Mile In My Shoes February 19, 1970, Dinner Show
6. Let It Be Me February 19, 1970, Dinner Show
7. Oh, Happy Day (Unedited) | August 7, 1970. Rehearsal
8. Monologue / Oh, Happy Day | August 7, 1970. Rehearsal
9. Polk Salad Annie #2 (Unedited) | August 10, 1970. Rehearsal
10. I've Lost You | August 10, 1970. Rehearsal
11. Polk Salad Annie #3 (Unedited) | August 10, 1970. Rehearsal
12. Bridge Over Troubled Water | August 20, 1970, Midnight Show
13. Johnny B. Goode / Happy Birthday To James Burton | August 21, 1970, Dinner Show
14. Crying Time (Part Only) | August 21, 1970, Midnight Show
15. Sweet Inspiration | August 20, 1970, Midnight Show
16. More (Part Only) | August 20, 1970, Midnight Show
17. When The Snow Is On The Roses | August 24, 1970 Midnight Show
18. Elvis Talks With The Sweet Inspirations
August 4, 1970. Rehearsal. Recorded at the International Hotel Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada.
All tracks recorded live in the Main Showroom at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada unless noted.
No part of any article on this site may be re-printed for public display without permission.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever. + Plus Bonus DVD Audio.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD Video with Sound.